Friday, March 27, 2009

TESTA COC FINALLY RELEASED

TESDA COC


Finally, I was able to get my Certificate of Competency (COC) as a Messman at TESDA Manila. The competency exam was taken by me two weeks before this release. As of this time, COC will be I think is the last certification I will be getting.


COC FEE


I don’t expect that still there is something that I’ll be paying when this paper is released. During the competency exam, the assessor did mention about this. All I thought is that when I get there and handed the competency receipt copy, there will no added fee for it because we are already paying for that at the center. This is not clearly explained at the assessment center. They are not telling that aside from the assessment fee, trainee will be paying 50 pesos COC release fee. I think this is also what happened in the other assessment center because there’s one mariner whom I talk to and he’s from other assessment center. And also did not expect to be collected by TESDA fee again.



THE UNITS OF COMPETENCY


> These are the units of competency written in the certificate

> Preparing food

> Maintaining cleanliness in the accommodation areas

> Performing victualing services

> Performing dining hall services

> Maintaining galley equipment & utensils

> Taking precautions to protect marine environment

> Launching lifeboat/liferaft

> Performing survival techniques during ship abandonment

> Preventing and fighting fire



These units here written are the overall summary of the two previous trainings that a trainee is required before he take the assessment for the position as a messman. The last 4 units written here were taken during the Basic Safety Training (BSC/PSSR) course. And the first 4 units written were taken during the Messman Course training.



The certificate’s validity good for 5 years and after these you need to renew your certificate. That is if you’re still working on board in the same position as messman.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Sir,

    I am planning to go in manila nextweek to take some tranings just want to know if how many days process coc and can you recomend me. traning center for pscrb "mura lang"

    Thanks,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ mark look for PSTC Sa may quiap it is less cheaper ang training fees dun unlike any other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. when u released the certification of MR. ARNEL BELARMINO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I renewed my coc certificate two months ago, when I finally got my new coc certificate i submit it to my crewing manager as the last requirement for my application, I was shocked when he inform me that my name is not registered in tesda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what are the requirements for renewal of COC for deck rating?

    ReplyDelete
  6. good day po kuya may practical din po di ba ano po kasama sa practical test thanks po god bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. san assessment center?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ilang araw po ba ma re released ang renewed COC?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mgkano po ba ang payment for upgrading from cook to chef-cook C.O.C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At ilang araw po ba ang pagprocess lahat-lahat hanggang sa makuha kuna ang bagong C.O.C. ko. Ano-anong mga requirements po ba ang kailangan para sa pagprocess sa pagupgrade ng C.O.C. ko from cook to chef-cook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. if i lost my coc can i get a new in in tesda

    ReplyDelete
  12. anong requirements pag mag renew po ako nag coc?pls do reply....tnx

    ReplyDelete
  13. 30k php ang hiningi sakin ng assessment ko para dw sa SOP.. meron bah non?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! i have a concern i would like to raise...my cousin studied Seafarers Catering and Stewarding in VMA Bcd. He was able to graduate but cannot process his Transcript of Records until he gets his COC for Messman by Tesda. He was not able to take it here in Bacolod because the Tesda Assessor cannot accomodate more than 70 students at that time and the first two sections were prioritized. Can he get it in Manila instead? Please advise where to go to as he needs his COC asap to process his Transcript and finally apply as messman using his credentials..Thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Good day, Ask ko lang po sana kung kailangan pa po ba kumuha ng COP kung may NC1 ba po? Maraming salamat po.

    ReplyDelete